Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A look back at 2016

The end of 2016 is drawing near and it's the perfect time to sit back and evaluate, as well as give yourself credit for the things you have accomplished.

I am going to share with you a few things that really helped 2016 feel like a growing year for me. In the midst of the hustle and bustle of life, the year goes by fast and tends to blur, so sit back, grab a cup of coffee (or wine, it's 5 o' clock somewhere) and lets take a look back.




I'll start with Valentine. This was a Picked By Jen post. You can find all of them here. This little project sat un-quilted for 2 years. I challenge you to go pick out something small and finish it. It is quite motivating!




Next, my way of making a miniature hanging sleeve. Putting together a tutorial is a little intimidating. There are different ways to do the same thing, so I always question if the way I do it is the correct way. I think I've gotten to the point where I can say, it's my way, and that's ok. This is, however, the only tutorial I have, so maybe I'm not that brave. Ha! 




After doing a tutorial the next step was another free pattern.  This one is quite simply, The Picnic Quilt.  It was fun to do a little photo shoot with my daughter. This was a quick and simple quilt that was just fun to make.




Having Criss Crossing published in a magazine was a highlight of the year. I still get goosebumps when I pick up that issue




I was a part of the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop. That was such a great experience and so helpful. It was great being able to connect with other new bloggers as well as get help from them. 




Joining the Cloud 9 New Block Blog Hop was so fun, and a bit nerve wracking. Those fabrics were to die for, and making that first cut had me almost dying. Too soft and pretty to ruin with a missed cut! 




I have to share this one, because it still makes me giggle. The only cute mosquito there is!




I was asked to take a class, Understanding Value from CraftU, and give my thoughts on it. This was a first for me and it was an honor and a thrill. Plus, it was also educational. :)




I will end with Seaside Steps. My second magazine published pattern, again with McCalls Quick Quilts. I hope the thrill of seeing my patterns all shiny and in print never grows old. If I'm having an off day, or can't seem to get motivated, I pull this out and it energizes me.

Thank you for taking a trip down 2016 memory lane. Thank you for reading, thank you for (hopefully) laughing with me, and thank you for commenting and being a part of Patterns By Jen. Have a blessed last few days of 2016. Bring on 2017!

Happy Stitching!
Jen


4 comments:

  1. It is so much fun to read these posts and say "Oh, I remember that!"
    I just love that cute little mosquito!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is, but the mosquito pillow is going to be out year round. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow what a year you have had Jen. It's lovely to see this reflective post and spot some projects I haven't seen before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you got to see something new. :)

      Delete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.