Monday, February 5, 2018

Super Bowl Sale Score

I love my Local Quilt Shop, Fabrics Plus.




While I support them all year long, their annual Super Bowl sale is one of my favorite sales. I think it has to do with the timing, by February aren't we all ready for something fresh, including fabric?


Enjoying the "big sale" experience


The day before the sale I head in with my plan and start looking at fabrics. It took about two hours. My plan changed a bit the day of the sale, and a couple of items I had an idea for not a plan, but all of that helps when you have a busy shop. I could ask questions that day when they aren't busy and not have to bother them while they are helping all the shoppers.




The day of the sale I went in with my list, my little wallet (no purse banging around, getting in my way or a heavy coat, just a sweatshirt), my coffee and a lot of patience. I think the whole experience is better if you go in knowing it's going to take time. There are lines for the cutting tables and lines to check out. I think of it like the post office on a Tuesday, at lunch time, after they were closed on Monday. Plan to be there twice as long as you usually would be. I spent 3 hours in the shop, and I had a plan, but with a plan and patience, I got what I needed and left without a stressed out, aggravated heartbeat.


My new fabrics





First up are a few of the fabrics needed to finish up the 2018 Color Challenge Quilts. If you are joining us, at the end of the year you will receive three setting options. These will help me finish those up and get them to the quilter.




My next project will be making a baby quilt for one of my child care families. I'm going to use The Border Quilt Baby option and the Guess How Much I Love You fabric. I grabbed the three top fabrics to finish off my fabric pull.




I grabbed these fabulous fabrics for a baby version of Friendly Flight. A pattern design just waiting for me to make cover quilts and publish.




Next, I grabbed some fabulous Kansas Troubles for the front cover photo of Twisted Flight, the pattern waiting to be published after Friendly Flight.




The fabrics for the baby version of Twisted Flight.  That bottom fabric is a very small green/cream, I had to have it, so found the 30's green to go with it.


I hope you enjoyed this little sneak peek into future patterns. I'm so ready to get started on these projects! What's the next project on your list?

Happy Stitching!
Jen

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.