Friday, June 22, 2018

Introducing Mod²!



A pretty little quilt I designed about a year ago. It sat in the graphing book until I saw one of the challenges as an Island Batik Ambassador was a modern quilt challenge. I dusted this baby off and sent it to the testers.



This version is the one I made for the challenge. I used the Blue Moon line I received from Island Batik as part of their ambassador program.



Such a fabulous line to work with. I included the layout for this quilt in the instructions, just in case anyone else wanted to step out of their comfort zone.


So glad she got these fence posts. They bring me back to summers in Montana.


My photographer, Kelly of Handmade Boy, brought both quilts with her on vacation to Colorado.



She put her husband to work, too. She's not getting these shots in Illinois!




The large quilt I quilted in a pretty green in a continuous circle that is NOT even.




The Island Batik version I quilted in long, vertical wavy lines, that are also NOT even.

Testers Quilts

Let's take a look at the tester's quilts. These lovely ladies deserve a round of applause for their work. They are such a great group to work with.




This beauty belongs to Fawn.  I love the prints she chose, but I can't decide if I like the butterfly or the blue best. Choices, choices!




Jennifer's purple beauty makes me drool, but I love purple in all of it's forms. Jennifer pointed out that these blocks go together much easier if we press the seams open. You know I'm a press the seams to the side kind of gal, but she was totally right. I left pressing arrows in the instructions, but I do recommend pressing open, it makes a difference. Thanks Jennifer!




I love the statement red makes in Joanne's quilt.  It's bold yet simple. Art in a quilt.




Dedee's goes bold in large blue chunks. The testers really showed the diversity this pattern has to offer. It's easy to make it yours.




Mod² is available now in my Etsy shop, at a special introductory price of $8. Digital only, but printed patterns coming soon.

Make it yours and share it with us: #modsquared

Happy Stitching!
Jen

New to Patterns By Jen?

Find paper and digital patterns in my Etsy shop.


The Border Quilt Quilt Along is coming August 2018

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the testers quilts. What a terrific idea and the variation in the use of the blocks is fun too. Congrats on another pattern and great finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen. I love when the tester quilts start coming in, there is always a variation (or 2 or 3) that I didn't see. I LOVE it!

      Delete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.