Monday, August 20, 2018

Border Quilt Interview with Alison



For the weeks leading up to the Quilt Along, which now starts September 12, there will be a quilty interview with bloggers participating in the quilt along. The fabric designer, quilter and the photographer of the Enchanted Forest version will be interviewed as well. You can look for a new interview every Monday and Thursday now until September 10th. Find all the information for the quilt along HERE.





So grab a cup of coffee or a glass of wine depending on the time of day in your area and lets get to know Alison of Little Bunny Quilts

PBJ:  Name and business name?

Alison: Alison Vermilya, blogger at Little Bunny Quilts, 1/3 owner of Honey, Bunny, and Doll Quilts, a pattern and fabric shop that I co-own with my mom and sister.

PBJ: 3) Designers: Do you have any new patterns/books/fabrics coming out this year that you can share about?

Alison: We're always putting out new patterns and designs on our Etsy and Craftsy shops! Right now we're working on getting some of our old quilt alongs turned into full patterns for easier use by quilters. I've also been working behind the scenes on a design for a mystery quilt along that will start in early 2019! Our company "motto" is "designing quilts that quilters want to make" -- we strive to design patterns that appeal to quilters of all skill levels as well as designs that work well with a wide range of fabric styles. We ourselves love to work with every type of quilting cotton from Civil War reproductions to Cotton + Steel prints, and want our patterns to work well with whatever fabrics our customers might choose.


PBJ: Who taught you/ or inspired you to learn to quilt?

Alison:  My mom! She's always been an amazing seamstress and started doing more quilting when I was young. When I was about 15 I started working on my first quilt made from scraps from her scrap bin!
PBJ: What is your favorite part of the quilting process?

Alison: I love to put together fabric pulls for projects and love doing the initial cutting for a project. This is probably why my WIP list is embarassingly long. I like doing free motion quilting more and more, but I still am addicted to cutting for new projects and sorting fabrics for fabric pulls.



Blue In Bloom found HERE.


PBJ: What is your least favorite part?

Alison:  I think at a different time I would have said the quilting part because for a long time I just didn't feel like I was capable of quilting my own quilts well. But right now, I think the part that I dread the most is pressing rows and getting a quilt from the blocks to top stage because I sew in a rather small space. 

PBJ: What is your favorite quilty tool?

Alison: I'm absolutely in love with my new sewing machine, a Janome Memory Craft 6600P. As far as tools and notions go, I love having two sizes of rotary cutters (more cutting, of course!) because I love using the little size for trimming, paper piecing, and curved cutting. 


Faceted Friendship Star an Island Batik Ambassador project.


Blog:


Instagram:


Interview Schedule

July 27 - Nancy - Masterpiece Quilting
July 30 - Vicki - My Creative Corner3
Aug 2 - Becca - Pretty Piney
Aug 6 - Kate - Seams Like A Dream
Aug 9 - Terri - Lizard Creek Quilting
Aug 13 - Joanne - Quilts By Joanne
Aug 16 - Marija - Mara Quilt Designs
Aug 20 - Alison - Little Bunny Quilts
Aug 23 - Stephanie - Quilt'n' Party
Aug 27 - Daphne - Daphne Greig
Aug 30 - Tara - The Quilt District
Sept 6 - Tracy (quilter) - Fabrics Plus
Sept 10 - Kelly (photographer) - Handmade Boy
Sept 12 - Quilt along begins!


I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit about Alison. If you have any questions for her, please put them in the comments, with an email address if your settings are set for no reply, and I will make sure she sees them. I hope you follow her and give her some quilty love!

Happy Stitching!
Jen




New to Patterns By Jen?

Find paper and digital patterns in my Etsy shop.


The Border Quilt Quilt Along is coming September 2018

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.