Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Two quilt shops and a little fabric

This weekend was a perfect chance to visit a couple of quilt shops.


My Timeless Day

The first shop I stopped at is in Canton, South Dakota. "My Timeless Day" opened it's new doors on Tuesday, September 17th and I was able to stop in on Friday.




Allison is the owner of "My Timeless Day" and it was a pleasure to put a face to the name of someone I've emailed with a few times.




You can find super pretty fabrics and a few PBJ patterns in her cute shop.




I grabbed these fabrics for an updoming pattern release. I had never heard of Penny Rose Fabrics, and now I will have to keep an eye out for them.




How cute is the crow fabric? You can find them online at My Timeless Day Quilting and Sewing.


Sassycat Quilts

The second shop is SassyCat Quilting Co in Yankton, South Dakota.




It's a little bit of a drive if you are coming from Yankton, but worth the extra minutes to get there. If you are coming south on Hwy 81 you get to it before you hit the town. Sally has a great shop, with pretty fabrics and this fabulously painted horse to admire.




While there make sure you look up. There are beautiful barn quilts to be seen.




Side note: It's very hard to take pictures of a ceiling. After you have shopped a bit don't forget to grab a brochure so you an check out all of the barn quilts that are up around town. It's pretty awesome and an amazing program the guild has going.




While in the shop I had to grab a few striped fabrics for future bindings.




I need to work on photographing stripes, it's hard!

If you are close to either of these South Dakota towns it is worth scooting over and checking them out. I also promise to go into shops with a better photography plan. My last minute, "Oh, I should write up a blog post!" photography leaves a lot to be desired, but don't let that deter you from stopping in and meeting Allison and Sally!

Happy Stitching!
Jen

New to Patterns By Jen?


Find paper and digital patterns in my Etsy shop.

Find fun PBJ merchandise at Teespring


Join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook page.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not very good at writing blog posts on quilt shop visits either. Thanks for sharing these two. Growing up in SDak, and not too far from that area, it's fun to hear about Hwy 81 once again. If I'm ever back there, I'll be sure to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Wendy I grew up in SE South Dakota so it was fun to hear about their shops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a peak at these quilt shops. Don't know when I'll get to South Dakota, though. Maybe someday. I have sewn that Picking Petals pattern that is hanging on the wall. I love it. Plus, I love those crows. Always some new fabric and pattern to want....

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.