Thursday, August 1, 2019

Christmas Collection Blog Hop - Oh Christmas Tree

Welcome to my stop on the Christmas Collection Blog Hop featuring Nancy Scott's book Masterpiece Quilting 2018 Christmas Collection!




Find links to my fellow bloggers at the bottom of this post.

I chose to make "Oh Christmas Tree" for this blog hop. For a few reasons. 1) I love Half Square Triangles. 2) I love simple. 3) I had the perfect binding fabric already. What? You don't pick your patterns based on binding fabric?




See! Perfect binding fabric!




This is the star of my Christmas tree. I chose to pull the turquoise from the binding fabric and make this a more "modern" Christmas wall hanging. I don't know if I succeeded, because I'm more of a traditional gal, but a "not green" tree is modern to me.




My free motion quilting leaves a lot to be desired. Nancy's quilting is far more amazing, but I still ended up taking more pictures of the back than I did of the front, because I found the effect of the quilting kind of fun.




I obviously didn't mark my lines for the "straight" quilting, but if you have followed me at all, you know the walking foot is my go to for quilting, so free motion quilting was a "step up" for me. Ha!




Oh look! Pretty binding!




Here she is! My "Oh Christmas Tree" wall hanging. I'm kind of in love with her. It's not dazzling amazing, but it's simple, modern to me, and frankly, she had me at the binding.




Ready to make your own tree? Find Nancy's book HERE.

To see the other projects in the book, including the one on the front cover, check out these bloggers!

Lets Gather Table Runner


Wreath Runner and Wallhanging


Holly Topper

Becca - Pretty Piney

Mug Rugs and Coasters


Poinsettia Bed Runner and Pillow

Stephanie - Quiltn' Party

Jingle Bells Quilt and Wall Hanging

Marian - Seams to be Sew

Mistletoe Magic Throw and Pillow

Marlene - Kissed Quilts
Rohn - Rohn Strong
Tammy - Tamarinis

Tree of Presents Wallhanging


Oh Christmas Tree


Coming Tomorrow!!

Friendship Star Quilt

Anorina - Samelia's Mum
Ellen - Handmade 3D
Maryellen - Mary Mack Made Mine


Happy Stitching!
Jen

New to Patterns By Jen?


Find paper and digital patterns in my Etsy shop.

Find fun PBJ merchandise at Teespring


Join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook page.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.

3 comments:

  1. It's so cute, and the binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. I've seen fake white trees with blue decorations. So all is good. ☺

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.