Thursday, January 28, 2016

Slowly moving forward


January was a slow month for Patterns By Jen. While I can't share yet, I'm ending the month with a bang. An exciting bang. There is nothing like crazy, good news to help get you moving forward again. 

The hard thing about pattern designing is that there is so much that goes on behind the scenes, that has to stay behind the scenes for awhile, that I wish I could share with all of you. It is very hard to hold my tongue. So I will just bury myself in pretty fabric.




The quilt that will go on the cover of Pattern 6 is now in construction. Pattern 6 has been named by my youngest, "Star Light Star Bright". It's a sampler and will have a 60 x 60 quilt, 2 wall hangings, a miniature and a table runner as part of the pattern. I hope to have the top ready to go to the quilter Saturday, and then stitch up the extras.




Next, Pattern 7 needs to be stitched up and then sent to the testers. It is another of my patterns that takes just one block, but adds a fun sashing. It's just another step towards reaching those goals I shared with you a month ago. 

Thank you for following along on my journey of pattern designing.

Happy Stitching,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.