Thursday, November 1, 2018

November Color Challenge



Welcome to November's Color Challenge! This month the color is blue green. I love this color and it was so nice to make a block using all blue greens.




Here's the block!

Get your free pattern here! It will be available for free through June 2019, at which point it will be bundled with the other blocks and settings and sold as a full pattern. Settings will be released in December.

Blog Hop

Don't forget to visit the other bloggers. A few of the bloggers have designed their own block for you and they have been pretty great so far. You won't want to miss them.



The Prize






Our sponsor this month is Monaluna Organic Fabrics.




Make something in blue green and you could win a fat quarter bundle of Haiku 2. 





To see this in a quilt see THIS POST.


Piecing tips

Confession! I lost most of the pictures for the next two months when my external hard drive crashed and burned. I have one picture of the block and this one...



Chain piecing will be your friend with this block. I recommend using a new sharp needle, 80/20 or 70/10 work really well when you are sewing smaller pieces. If you are struggling with the seams lying flat you an press the seams open. If you know me, you know I don't like to do that, but I also want you to have success with this block!




Grand Prize

Wait! There is more!
Jen at Dizzy Quilter is providing the grand prize! 

For every month you enter the link up, you get an entry for the grand prize.

The generous prize provided is you will get your top quilted by her (up to 90" x 90"),  a $202.50 value!

You must provide the backing, 8" longer than width and length. Batting can be purchased from Jen, for $20, if you like.

Return shipping is included for US residents only.
**Please note, the quilt will not be trimmed or bound, those services are extra**

 If you are playing along with us, make sure to use #2018monthlycolorchallenge on social media!


Happy Stitching!
Jen

New to Patterns By Jen?

Find paper and digital patterns in my Etsy shop.


The Border Quilt Quilt Along is coming September 2018

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.