Thursday, March 5, 2020

Previously Backlogged Jobs Week 3

How are your projects coming along?




I got the block pieced for the BOM hosted by my LQS (Fabric Plus). I'm not going to lie, I struggled with this one, but only because apparently I can't read instructions. Ha! It's a very pretty block and I'm happy I chose the fabric pallet I did.




Remember the new-to-me rulers, the Mini Easy Angle and Mini Companion?

They are tiny and slippery! I was not a fan, but I added clear medical tape to the back of them and then made a huge difference. I certainly stopped being afraid that I was going to cut off a finger.




I was recently on a mini vacation ice fishing with my dad. Since I am usually up and moving before him I brought along my fabric for the Jacob's Ladder quilt I am making for my son.

I got most of it cut out. I still need to cut out the teal and finish marking the diagonals on the cream squares, but I should be ready to start sewing soon.




I'm not adding anything else to my WIP list, because I have 3 quilts to quilt and I will be focusing on those for the next couple of weeks. With a little piecing of the Jacob's Ladder thrown in, that will keep me busy.




Don't forget to visit the previous Previously Backlogged Jobs and peek at the projects your fellow quilters are working on. Like this gorgeous quilt that will be quilted.

Add your project below and be encouraged!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



Happy Stitching!
Jen


New to Patterns By Jen?

2020 Monthly Color Challenge


Find paper, digital patterns, and Studio 180 Design rulers in my Etsy shop.

Find fun PBJ merchandise at Teespring

Join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook page.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.


1 comment:

  1. I just learned about using medical tape on the back of rulers. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.