Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Benartex Ambassador Dreamers

It is my turn to share my project for Quarter 1 as a Benartex Ambassador.




I was sent the Dreamers fabric collection designed by Jessica Flick for Benartex.


You can see the unboxing video below. The fabrics are so soft and pretty, with just a touch of sparkle.




I ended up making two quilts (with a pillow or two yet to come) because you know I hate to have leftover fabric.

Here is the back of my main quilt. I used a light blue minkee from Benartex. I love a quilt with such a soft backing.




I tried a new to me quilting pattern. I free hand, so none of them are close to perfect or at all the same. Ha! I enjoyed trying something new though, and while not perfect I love the end result.




Here is the back of my bonus quilt. In a continued effort to use all that I have, I pieced the back.




I had accidently made the star block for my main quilt, but I didn't need it, so used it as part of my pieced backing.




For the quilting on this one I just did a medium sized stipple pattern.

Ready for the reveal of my main quilt? 




I used my The Border Quilt 3 pattern for this, and I adore how it turned out.




I had to piece the center panel to get it the right size, but I really like how it turned out. Plus, I think it gives you an idea on using a piece that isn't exactly the size you need.




I love the pinwheels around the panel, I think they add a fun touch.

Oops! Look! A book snuck in there. I love to give a book with a quilt as a gift when gifting children's quilts. "That's not my Unicorn" was the perfect one to go with this quilt. If you would like your own copy, you can find it on my friend Courtney's PaperPie site. I love supporting small businesses!

Ready for the bonus quilt reveal?




With the large panel came six smaller panels. I thought about doing a pillow, but I had all of this extra fabric. Instead, I made a simple patch quilt. Now that I'm looking at it, I kind of regret not tying it, for a more "old fashioned" feel. I love a tied quilt.

I laid out my squares and then took pictures, turning them to black and white, to see if there was anything that didn't read right. That was probably the most time consuming thing with the bonus quilt. Well, that and the pieced backing. Ha!




I had to sneak in the little rocking chair my grandmother painted for my 1st birthday, many (many) years ago. PS: Don't call me Jenny. 😀




I hope you love the quilts I made with this beautiful fabric. They were so fun to piece and quilt.




PS Don't miss our March Mad(e)ness fun in the PBJ newsletter! There is still time to sign up for the newsletter so you can join in in the fun. It starts March 15th! Scroll down to find the link.

Let's make something Extraordinary!

Jen

New to Patterns By Jen?

Don't forget to sign up for the Bites of PBJ newsletter while you are here for early releases and sales just for subscribers!



Find paper and digital patterns in my Etsy shop.

Find fun PBJ merchandise at Teespring

Join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook page.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.