Thursday, August 31, 2023

Benartex Quarter 3 - Spicy Windmills

 I'm sharing my next project as a Benartex ambassador today.



I've called this quilt "Spicy Windmills" as a shout out to the fabric line I used, Pumpkin and Spice, by Valentina Harper.



This fabric was so fun to work with. I'm sure I say this every quarter, but the colors in Benartex fabrics are so vivid, it's hard not to be inspired to make all of the things.



I have to say my favorite fabric in the line is the mushrooms. Each top is a different design, and they are fun and whimsical.



When laying out scrappy blocks I like to take a picture and then change it to black and white or greyscale to check and make sure the lights and darks are spread fairly evenly.



I felt like this one flowed well.



I had to find another way to use the mushroom fabric, so I decided on a Seminole Patchwork border.



I love the look of this border, but it's a scary thing to take these pieces and trim them to size. Quilty math doesn't always work out for me the first time. Ha!



Have you done a Seminole Patchwork border before? Did you like making it? If you haven't, is it something you are interested in?




Make something extraordinary!


Jen


New to Patterns By Jen?




Find paper and digital patterns, gifts and more in my Etsy shop.

Find fun PBJ merchandise at Teespring

Join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook page.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.