Thursday, June 27, 2024

2024 Minnesota Quilt Show

I want to share with you some pictures from the MN Quilt Show as well as my purchases. This may be a photo heavy post!




This year the quilt show was held in Duluth, MN. I love coming up over the hill and seeing Lake Superior stretching out into the horizon. A sailboat said good morning to me the last day there and it was a perfect way to say goodbye to Lake Superior.




I actually don't have a lot of photos from the show, because the camera on my phone was not cooperating. 90% came out blurry, no matter how many times I tried to get it to work Ugh.




I was the pattern designer for the 2023 Mystery Quilt for the Minnesota Quilters, and I did take the time to get good pictures of each quilt and name plate. I might do a post about those later.




I will show my mom's finish though, because it's my mom's. 😉




The parks quilts in the show were so amazing. I loved looking at each one.




This Joan of Arc quilt was phenomenal. Such artistry and skill!!




I saw this quilt challenge at the very end of the show. "25 chickens" and this one made me laugh out loud. RIP Nugget.


In last week's post I shared tips on how to get the most out of your quilt pattern and skip some of the frustration. In the newsletter I shared that I bought patterns at the MN Quilt Show and ALL of them were outside of my wheelhouse. Let's take a look.




Sea Turtle Pillow Cover from Patterns on the Prairie is probably the pattern that I will be most comfortable with. We'll see. My son loves sea turtles, though, so this was definitely the one I knew I needed to get. Cindy has some amazing patterns that include a lion, elephant, dragonfly, sea turtle and more. Make sure you check out her shop Patterns on the Prairie.Patterns on the Prairie. Note the first line on her pattern is to read all of the instructions. See why that's important. 😊




The next "out of my wheelhouse" pattern I bought was this kit set. I have never worked with wool, but these two were too cute to pass up. I told Emily of The Howells Nest she can't ask me if I made them when I see her at next year's show. Especially since the pattern I bought from her last year is still waiting to be made. Ha! If you love woolies, or maybe want to try your hand at them, check out her shop The Howells Nest.



Of course I had to hit Cherrywood's booth. Somehow I managed to walk away with only one pattern, but it's a doozy! LOL



Paper Piecing isn't something I am very good at, but my daughter loves mushrooms. I walked away without the kit only because I want my daughter to pick the colors. Otherwise Cherrywood fabric would have made it's way to South Dakota.




I am excited to try out this pattern from  Off the Wall Quilt. Julie said it's beginner friendly, and you know I have a heart for the new quilters out there. I will update once I've tried out this pattern from  Off the Wall Quilt.

 That's a quick look at my short time at the Minnesota Quilt Show. So much fun to be around those who "get it" when you are excited about a pattern or fabric, or just the beauty that surrounds you on the show floor. Are you headed to a quilt show this year? I'd love to know!

Make something extraordinary!




Did you get my 5 Free Tips for Accurate Piecing yet? I would love to send it to you, sign up HERE!


New to Patterns By Jen?

 

Don't forget to sign up for the Bites of PBJ newsletter while you are here for early releases and sales just for subscribers!

 

Newsletter sign up

 

2024 Monthly Color Challenge

 

Find paper and digital patterns in my Etsy shop.

 

Find fun PBJ merchandise at Teespring

 

Join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.