Friday, December 22, 2017

Picked By Jen - Suite Life Yes

This months Picked By Jen is coming to you a bit late, but it's worth it! If you are like me, you have your fingers in a thousand pots right now, which is difficult, since we only have 10. This quick sew is worth it though. For peeks at what I'm working on follow me on Instagram.

I'm sharing the Suite Life Yes pattern from EvaPaige Quilt Designs. While the pattern is for a row of these fabulous guys, I made one. See above paragraph. ;)




I used my favorite color purple, and when Beth saw it, she asked if it was for the Vikings. Ummm, no, I'm a Steelers girl, however, I live in MN, so my youngest is definitely a Vikings fan. 




Which makes easy pickings for an awesome prop. 

I could totally see this guy in Black and Gold though, couldn't you? You could embroider your favorite team's emblem on the hat, and make a whole team. Seriously, I need a Steelers soldier, now that I have a Vikings one, because I will never NOT see Vikings when I look at this fellow. Ha! 



PS I totally faked the binding. No judging! Fingers and pots, people, fingers and pots!!  Did I mention no paper piecing? Totally had me at no paper piecing.

Would you make a team of Christmas soldiers or would you go more scrappy? I'm starting to see an awesome tree skirt with these guys. So many possibilities, so little time.

Happy Stitching!
Jen

Don't miss the 2018 Monthly Color Challenge! It starts January 1st and runs all year long, with some fabulous prizes.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.

I'm linking up with:

3 comments:

  1. heeee!! Yeah, I'd never not see the Vikings anymore, either. And that makes me envision fun cuddle-size quilts for football fans made from several of these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynette,
      Oh yes, that would be awesome! A Christmas themed team quilt! I would totally snuggle under a black and gold one. ;)

      Delete
  2. A tree skirt would be so fun! I would love to embroider some brass buttins on each soldier too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.