Friday, December 15, 2017

Announcing the 2018 Monthly Color Challenge Blog Hop!




Now find all of the 2018 Monthly Color Challenge blocks on Payhip!



I am so excited to finally get to share with you the upcoming plan for 2018! Around mid-November I was trying to come up with something to take the place of the Muggamo series, after all, there are only so many mug rugs a girl can make. I wanted to keep it free, and I wanted to keep it monthly, so  I *had* to keep blogging fairly regularly.

The 2018 Monthly Color Challenge was born.

 I started thinking about how it would be fun to get others involved. I was thinking while quilting (which can be dangerous) the Here a Square, There a Square quilt. I decided to step out of my comfort zone and run a blog hop. First step, getting fellow bloggers to join in. 

Well, first step accomplished. I am thrilled with the enthusiasm this hop was received with. There will be seven bloggers joining me throughout the year. You will get the opportunity to visit five of them each month. How exciting is that!

Meet the Bloggers

Joanne of Quilts By Joanne
Diane Cullum of Sewing with D
Then, I decided that we should have sponsors. Go big or go home, right?! I am so excited to introduce you to the sponsors we have joining us throughout 2018. Please make sure to stop by and visit them and show your appreciation!

Meet the Sponsors

























I am truly grateful for these companies jumping in on this last minute set up!!

How Does This Thing Work?

Lets get to the nitty gritty.

On the first of each month I will be posting a quilt block with instructions for a finished size of 12" or 6". The blocks are beginner friendly and will feature one color. The bloggers for that month will either be making that block, OR they will be sharing their own free pattern which may or may NOT be a quilt block.

Towards the end of the year I will share a few different layouts, so you can finish your quilt.

The challenge is to make something in that color for that month, either the block (either size or both) or something else. A link up party will open ONE week before the end of the month, here on the Patterns By Jen blog. When you have made your block or something else, link it up and on the 1st I will choose a winner. There are fabric bundles and gift certificates that will be given all year long!

Grand Prize

Wait! There is more!

Jen at Dizzy Quilter is providing the grand prize! 

For every month you enter the link up, you get an entry for the grand prize.

The generous prize provided is you will get your top quilted by her (up to 90" x 90"),  a $202.50 value!

You must provide the backing, 8" longer than width and length. Batting can be purchased from Jen, for $20, if you like.

Return shipping is included for US residents only.
**Please note, the quilt will not be trimmed or bound, those services are extra**

Who's read to start?! Come back January 1st to get the first block. The blocks will be a mystery until the 1st of each month, but I'll give you a peek at the colors as well as a list of the link up dates. I can't wait to see all the color ideas everyone comes up with throughout the year! If you are playing along with us, make sure to use #2018monthlycolorchallenge on social media!

Happy Stitching!
Jen

2018 Monthly Color Challenge Schedule

Jan 1st - Red
Link Up - Jan 24th - Jan 31
Feb 1st - Blue
Link Up - Feb 21 - Feb 28
March 1st - Yellow
Link Up - Mar 24 - Mar 31
April 1st - Orange
Link Up - April 23 - April 30
May 1st - Green
Link Up - May 24 - May 31
June 1st - Purple
Link Up - June 23 - June 30
July 1st - Green Yellow
Link Up - July 24 - July 31
Aug 1st - Yellow Orange
Link Up - Aug 24 - Aug 31
Sept 1 - Red Violet
Link Up - Sept 23 - Sept 30
Oct 1 - Violet Blue
Link Up - Oct 24 - Oct 31
Nov 1 - Blue Green
Link Up - Nov 23 - 30
Dec 1 - Black and White
Link Up - Dec 24 - Dec 31

Quilt Settings

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.

21 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about this QAL!!! It's going to be a colorful year! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a fun set of blocks at the end. I can't wait to see all the same colored blocks that will be in the link ups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jen! This is going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks interesting Jen. I might have to try and join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you sign up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, I hope you see this response, I can't send you an email. There isn't really anything to sign up for. The blocks will go up on the blog on the 1st of each month. You can follow the blog through email and get updated when new posts go up. To do that enter your email in the box at the top, left side of this page, under my profile. You can sign up for the newsletter, which goes out the first of each month, or just follow along in Instagram or Facebook. Please let me know if you have any other questions. You can email me directly at patternsbyjen(at)gmail(dot)com I hope you join us!

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad I found this via a link from Free Motion by the River to Clever Chameleon to you!! I'll be signing up to follow your blog via email!! Thank you for hosting this monthly color challenge and to your sponsors for all the prizes offered!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen: Does the thing you make have to be totally the colour indicated or do you just have to use the colour?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lot of fun. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. https://melsquiltingblog.blogspot.com/2018/01/rainbow-scrap-challenge-scrap-attack.html
    I'm joining you and a couple of other groups. This month is two different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why am I not able to access May-August?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a topic that is near to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Does this cost anything to join?
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for explaining Jen Shaffer. Thank you so much. Just what I was looking for !!!!
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of the best experience for me to see this valuable and informative blog. Visit for
    sound engineering courses

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. Awesome collection. I found another quality fabric store here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.