Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Beginners Unite Quilt Along

The Beginners Unite Quilt Along is almost here!




This first post is just going to talk about fabric requirements and "the plan." You can download the free lap sized quilt pattern HERE. 



Fabric Requirements

Teal -  1 1/3 yard
White  - 1 ¼ yard
Black – 3 ¼ yard
Grey – 2 yards

I will be making my quilt using the Haiku 2 fabric line from Monaluna. 




Teal is the Clover 2 (I used 2 yards for fussy cutting the center)
White is the Shimmer 2
Grey is the Shimmer Lawn

The Quilt Along starts September 5 and will continue every Tuesday through October 31. This will take us from the first cut to the quilting.

September 12 - Cutting (including fussy cutting the center)
September 19 - Center block
September 21 - Look at marking tools
September 26 - Flying Geese week 1
October 3 - Flying Geese week 2
October 10 - Half Square Triangles
October 17 - Corner Units
October 24 - Block Assembly
October 31 - Top Assembly
November 7 - Add borders
November 14 - Quilting and Binding

I hope you will join us in this fun quilt along! To receive email notices sign up HERE. This is a new set up for me, so please be patient as I work out any bugs that may come along.

I've just started a new Facebook group called Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen. I would love to have you join. We can share our progress pictures and get questions answered fast.

Happy Stitching!
Jen

**Share your progress on social media using #BUQuiltAlong

3 comments:

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.