Monday, April 25, 2016

Crossroads Quilt Along ~ Block 3

 Introducing the Friendship block in our Crossroads Quilt Along journey. There were a quick and easy blocks to piece. The Friendship block instructions were release April 15th. The next set will be released May 15th. This quilt is offered for free from The Fat Quarter Shop, but they encourage you to make a $5 donation each month to March of Dimes. A beautiful quilt for a worthy cause. It's a win win. And the fabrics you get to work with Strawberry Fields Revisited. Ahhhh.

We used these three beauties along with our background fabric this month. I still just love those strawberries!

At this stage in my quilting journey I'm not a fan of pressing seams open, but that could always change, and I know that many quilters like it. I chose to not to do them this time around. I get bulkier corners, it's true, but I like being able to match those seams up a little bit faster. 


For these I pressed towards the beautiful prints.


And for these I pressed towards the prints as well. I didn't grab a picture, but for the Flying Geese I pressed to the top goose. This makes it so all my seams can be sandwiched in together and I get nice points.


All the beautiful blocks so far.

Don't forget to go to the March of Dimes site to make your donation!

Happy Stitching.
Jen

5 comments:

  1. It's going to be a great quilt, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get all of the components and piece them all together.

      Delete
  2. Visiting from the New Quilt Bloggers group. These blocks are gorgeous .... it may have made me have a sneaky peek at the QAL myself. Aaarghhh I really don't need another project - but it's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors are so soft and pretty. It was too hard to say no. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful blocks. Love those soft, springy colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.