Sunday, September 17, 2017

Summer 2017 Finishes

When you feel like you haven't accomplished anything, it's time to take a look back and remember all you did accomplish.

I am dealing with burnout. An ugly little thing that shows it's nasty head whenever you don't take care of you. Usually I'm good about that, and break when I need to, this summer though I felt behind from day one, and instead of taking time off and getting my head/heart back in place, I pushed through.

Now I can't sew a thing, even though there are "things" that need sewin'. I've taken the last two weekends to just hang out with my family and I hope that I can start feeling the urge/want to sew again, not just feel like I *need* to. To help with that, I'm going to share the projects I did finish, though some are secret projects and you don't get the whole picture. Sorry!



The first summer finish was the Gradient Stars pattern. Something that took a little time, but was so worth the wait. I love this quilt, especially the relaxing green version. 




Then came the Aug Muggamo pattern.




Fabrics set out for August projects, three were finished, whoo hoo!




A new pattern, but you won't see it until February or so, but it's quick and easy, and I think you will love it.




Mid August we brought that handsome boy in red to Mankato for his first year of college. Not  that this is quilting, but I did make him. ;) My 13 yo doesn't think that's funny, but that's ok.




I made Casserole Mitt for my husband for his birthday. He asked me to!!




We finished the Beginners Unite series.




Christa from Christa Quilts had a blog hop for her new book Piece and Quilt with Precuts and this is my version of Spools, with a pillow for fun.




Here is the center of The Border Quilt. It is currently at the quilters and I can't wait to show you the finished quilt top. It's true love!

A look back at a summer of stitching proves there have been some accomplishments and great finishes. I'm giving myself permission to do only what NEEDS to be done and not try to push forward and get the entire list done, to enjoy family and to not stress the little things, to smell the roses and ignore the thorns. Thank you for sticking around during this little blip in my quilting journey, there are a few exciting things in the works for the rest of the year and I can't wait to share them with you.

Tuesday is the next round in the Beginners Unite Quilt Along. Come back for the next step. You can join the Facebook group Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen and share your progress.

Happy Stitching!
Jen

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook.


Visit me at the Magic Needlers Biennial Quilt Festival October 7 and 8 in Watertown, SD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.