Saturday, September 22, 2018

Introducing Harlequin Court!

Introducing the next pattern in the Pattern By Jen's family: Harlequin Court.




You may have seen her last week when I posted my Island Batik July Challenge and asked for help renaming her.

I chose to go with Tara's medieval castle idea. This lead me to search "court" in the Thesaurus, which lead me to Quadrangle which I absolutely loved, only to find out it was already taken as a quilt pattern name.

Back to the drawing board, aka Thesaurus, I went. I clicked on synonyms and antonyms, I went pages deep into the word royal.

I went back to the picture and thought there was a look of peepholes or arrow slits. Did you know an arrow hole in a castle is called an arrow loop, or loop or loophole? Now you do!



I tried again and thought that the triangle around the 9 patches had a slight jester type look to them. Back to Thesaurus I went and found Harlequin. Of course that is taken as well, but adding Court to it and I have my pattern name.

This pattern will be available as digital only, but comes in four sizes:
54" square (shown), 66" x 78", 78" x 90", 90" x 102"

Lets take a look at a couple of tester's quilts.


Joanne made her quilt all in purples and chose to leave off the outside border. This is the 54" square version. I can't tell you how much I love this, and it has nothing to do with the fact that purple is my favorite color. She calls it Grapesicle.


Sandy asked to do hers in scrappy colors because she made the largest version and was pulling from her scraps. She kept careful track of the fabric amounts to make sure the requirements were correct. Look at this beauty! That is a labor of love.

You can pick up your digital copy HERE at a special introductory price of $7 through the end of the month.

Happy Stitching!
Jen


New to Patterns By Jen?

Don't miss the Quilters Meet and Greet going all September. 

Find paper and digital patterns in my Etsy shop.


The Border Quilt Quilt Along is coming September 2018


Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.




1 comment:

  1. What an interesting study into the name, Jen. Thanks for sharing it. Pretty quilt, and fun to see it in so many different versions!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.