Friday, April 14, 2017

Flashback Friday to Spinning Bow Ties PBJ - 102

Stop two on our little Flashback Friday series is with Spinning Bow Ties. Baby number two for PBJ.




Isn't she pretty? I showed the inspiration quilt the for colors, from a tester, in this Finding Your Color post.




That polka dot border had to be used. I love polka dots. Love. Them. So of course I had to incorporate them. 

Just as I did with the first post on Pinwheel Pizzazz I am going to do a little updating with some new fabrics that are just being released or soon will be. 




I love a quilt in brown and pink. This mock up using Robert Kaufman's Sweet Charlotte by Darlene Zimmerman has just enough pink to soften the brown. Sweet Charlotte was first available in January, 2017. 




New from Connecting Threads is this pretty fabric collection Country Inn.  I love the look of this quilt with just two colors. Spinning Bow Ties is a really simple pattern, that has just been upgraded to include more sizes. Instructions are included for getting that perfect half-square triangle that makes piecing the block extremely easy.




Shhhhh, this is my favorite. Fabrics are from Moda's Fragile by Zen Chic. The really, really sad news is that it isn't available until September. Sniff! I might have to remake this pattern in these fabrics when they are available. I love this that much.

Spinning Bow Ties is truly a beginner's quilt. While an advance quilter can take this pattern and make it theirs, so can a beginner. Spinning Bow Ties is laid out for beginners to be able to follow and produce a beautiful quilt easily.



Happy Stitching!
Jen

Connect with me on Instagram and share your progress and finished quilts by using #PattensByJen on social media. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.