Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Spinning Bow Ties Quilt Along - Finishing Touches

It's time to add those finishing touches to your quilt.




Adding the binding to a quilted top is one of my all time favorite things to do. There is something about sitting and stitching the binding on that speaks to my soul. It's a time to slow down, think about the quilt you've made, the person you are gifting it to and really just have some peaceful down time.




I chose to use the red from the sashing to bind this quilt and give it a strong finishing point. A favorite fabric that I love to use for binding are stripes. There are some pretty striped fabrics out there and they can really add a touch of fun to your quilt top.


I apologize that once again I am unable to show you tips and tricks using the Spinning Bow Ties quilt pattern, but there is a really good post on how to do the binding and add a label from last years quilt along. Read through the Broken Panes Quilt Along - Finishing Touches post to get tips and tricks.




Something not mentioned in the above post are wonder clips. I have started using them to hold the binding down around the quilt as I stitch on the binding. I have found that it helps with hand/finger fatigue and I can stitch longer without cramping and sore hands.

I know this post is a bit disappointing, please ask any questions you may have. The Broken Panes post has some great tips, so I hope you jump over there and read about binding and labeling your quilts!

Happy Stitching!
Jen

New to Patterns By Jen?


2020 Monthly Color Challenge


Find paper, digital patterns, and Studio 180 Design rulers in my Etsy shop.

Find fun PBJ merchandise at Teespring

Join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook page.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.