Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Spinning Bow Ties Quilt Along

Who is ready for another quilt along?




The Spinning Bow Ties Quilt Along will start April 15th and run weekly through May 27th. This sounds like a lot, but this pattern is super easy, and very beginner friendly.




Spinning Bow Ties was the 2nd pattern I designed, it uses simple Half-Square Triangles, but the pattern changes with the fabric selections. You can see some mock ups I did way back in 2017 in THIS POST.




For the quilt along I have chosen to use red, white and blue fabrics for a Quilt of Valor quilt. You can choose to do the same, but this quilt is easy to make your own, so start thinking fabrics!

Needed Supplies

You need a copy of the Spinning Bow Ties pattern.

Etsy Printed

Etsy PDF

Payhip PDF

Fabric (requirements shown below)

Cutting mat

Rotary cutter

Rulers:

24 1/2" long ruler


Tucker Trimmer

OR

6 1/2" square


I have had quilters cut with scissors and stitch by hand, so if that is your preferred method go for it!




Helpful Links

I will post how-to links throughout, but if you are a new quilter you can read through the Beginner's Unite posts to start.


Schedule

April 15 - Fabric

April 22 - Cutting

April 29 - Half-Square Triangles

May 6 - Block construction

May 13 - Quilt top construction

May 20 - Borders

May 27 - Quilting

Joining in?

If you are stitching along with us I hope you share your progress! Use #spinningbowtiesquiltalong when you share on social media so I can see your work.

You are also invited to share in the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook Page. We love to ooo and ahhh over your pretty work.



Are you stitching along with me? What are you hoping to learn, or get, from this quilt along? Let me know in the comments!





PS There is a Virtual Quilt Show happening next week. Find more information HERE.




Happy Stitching!
Jen


New to Patterns By Jen?


Find paper and digital patterns in my Etsy shop.

Find fun PBJ merchandise at Teespring


Join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook page.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates. 





5 comments:

  1. Hi Jen. I have never done a quilt along. I am excited to embark on this adventure. Just to be sure of the process, I am to have things on the schedule accomplished by the date next to the task, correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited that you chose this one as your first! Thank you! For the schedule, we will talk fabric on the 15th, and from the 15th through the 22nd you can pull fabrics and get them pressed and ready to go. On the 22nd we will talk cutting the fabric, you will have until the 29th to get your quilt cut out, and so on.

      It is NOT neccisarry to keep up, these posts will be up forever, but having them broken up like this gives us a chance to focus on one part and hopefully complete the top.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Jen. When you say we will talk, is it a video?

      Delete
    3. No video, I just mean I'll talk and you'll read, but I've shared different color ideas, and a long list of shops that are still shipping if you don't have the fabric you want already in your stash. You can find the post here: https://patternsbyjen.blogspot.com/2020/04/spinning-bow-ties-quilt-along-fabric.html

      Delete
  2. I just ordered Braided Chains from Etsy. Did I miss the .pdf so I could download? or where do I find. Still thinking about your QAL. I am doing the color one with the bird colors. So neat. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.