Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Spinning Bow Ties Quilt Along - Fabric

Welcome to Week 1 of the Spinning Bow Ties Quilt Along!




Who is ready to start the next quilt along? I've been wanting to do a quilt along with Spinning Bow Ties for a long time and I'm excited to finally get to it. It is very beginner friendly and really comes together quickly. You can get your pattern in the following places:

Etsy

Payhip

Etsy has both printed and PDF, Payhip has just PDF patterns. I'm extending the sale on this pattern through April 21st.



Yardage requirements are included with your pattern, but for a quick look here is what you need. You choose the size you want to make.




For week one we are pulling fabrics for our quilt. Te find the rest of the schedule see the Announcement Post. You will need four to five fabrics and a border fabric. I chose to use my "Color 4" fabric for both the Inner Border and as "Color 5" so I only have four fabrics plus the outer border.




I am making mine with red, white (cream) and blue fabrics to donate to Quilts of Valor, this pattern lends itself to lots of possibilities.




Here are a few "mock ups" using different colors.




Changing the placement of the lighter and darker fabrics changs the look of the pattern.




Here are the two quilts that are on the cover. I slightly regret choosing the brown for the inner border. The middle of the bow ties is an aqua with brown dots, but they are small enough that the inner border doesn't draw them out enough to look right. In my opinion.




Using the black and yellow solids as Colors A and B really brought the pinwheels out in this version.




I'm using a dark blue for my Color 3 (yellow in the above quilt photo).




Red will be used for Color 4, 5 and the Inner Border (black in the above quilt photo).



I have a cream with blue for Color 1 (white in the above quilt photo).




Medium blue will be Color 2 (yellow and block print in the above quilt photo).




Then I had to have a fun border print for the Outside border.




Shops Still Shipping

Say that three times fast! Not finding what you want in your stash? While I encourage you to seek out your local quilt shop and see if they are doing curbside delivery, I have a list of shops that are still filling and shipping orders. Lets support these shops during this crazy time.
















The Quilt Shop - Australia







Fabric Garden - Australia











Said With Love - Australia







Treehouse Textiles - Australia

Polka Dot Tea - Australia

Amitie - Australia

Sewmondo - Australia




Added April 16





Oh my goodness you guys!! I went to each shop site to make sure the link I was given was correct. We could shop for daaaaaaaayssssssss.  Even if you don't need fabric for this quilt along, or are in circumstances that prevent you from buying right now, I encourage you to go window shopping. You may find a new shop you love! Follow it (or them) on social media, get inspired and reach out to let them know you found them and love them.

Now go pull your fabrics!! If you are questioning your fabric choices, please join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook group (answer BOTH questions so I can approve your request) and share a picture of your fabric pull. I'm happy to help. Once you think you've finalized your fabrics, add them to the link up below to get others inspired. This isn't a permanent choice, you can still change it later. On social media we are using #spinningbowtiesquiltalong  It's nice and long, but once you type it the first time hopefully your phone will remember it. Ha!

Happy Stitching Fabric Pulling!

Jen


New to Patterns By Jen?


Find paper and digital patterns in my Etsy shop.

Find fun PBJ merchandise at Teespring


Join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook page.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates. 




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.