Thursday, June 8, 2023

Bluesette Picnic Napkin Tutorial - Precut friendly

 What if you have just a couple of 10" squares left over from a project?



Fabrics for this project were provided by Benartex Fabrics as part of their Ambassador program. It is called Bluezette and is designed by Jan Shore


Once you have decided on which 10" squares you are going to use, find either a matching or a coordinating thread for your top stitching.



Press your edges towards the wrong side of the fabric, just a 1/4" inch wide.




Lengthen your stitch length. You don't want it as long as your basting stitch, but longer than your piecing stich. My piecing stitch length is usually set at 2, basting for this machine is 5. I set my stitch length at 4 for top stitching.




Top stitch about 1/8" from the pressed edge.




PS. Taking Pictures of napkins is not as easy as it may sound.




Especially when your photography skills are lacking. Ha!




Oh well, they look good in person. You'll just have to trust me!




If you love this Bluesette fabric line as much as I do, don't miss the giveaway on THIS POST!



Let's make something extraordinary!


Jen

New to Patterns By Jen?

Don't forget to sign up for the Bites of PBJ newsletter while you are here for early releases and sales just for subscribers!



Find paper and digital patterns in my Etsy shop.

Find fun PBJ merchandise at Teespring

Join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook page.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.