Friday, November 1, 2019

November Color Challenge - Yellow

Who is thankful that it is November?




If you are new to the 2019 Monthly Color Challenge you can hop over quick to read through the introduction and also see the colors coming up in the months ahead.




This month's flower inspiration is the Black Eyed Susan. Such a simple yet beautiful flower. This flower just makes me happy.




Are you a beginner? For this month's blocks you might find these posts helpful:







For this months block you will need:

Mat
Rotary cutter
Ruler
Marking pen/pencil

Specialty rulers that are NOT required, but helpful:





A great group of bloggers joins us each month. Please make sure to visit each one and see their blocks and read their stories.

This is a great way to meet new quilty bloggers!


Tips

I never trim my blocks, but if you are a trimmer I recommend waiting until all of your blocks are pieced and then trimming them all at once. Your goal is to have 12 1/2" unfinished blocks. I don't trim because I don't want to lose my points and since we make the units that makeup the block larger and trim them down, you should be fairly close to the correct size. If you are off 1/8 of an inch or less I really discourage trimming. If you are off 1/4 of an inch then instead of trimming I would suggest taking a look at your seam allowance and cutting, because trimming will definitely cause you to lose the look of the block.




Ready for your free November Monthly Color Challenge block? Find it HERE. Remember there is a change this year and the block is available for free only through November 30th. Use #2019monthlycolorchallenge on social media so we can see your blocks.

**NEW** Each months set of instructions comes with a full video tutorial!


Happy Stitching!
Jen

New to Patterns By Jen?


Find paper and digital patterns in my Etsy shop.

Find fun PBJ merchandise at Teespring


Join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook page.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.