Wednesday, December 28, 2022

A Look Back at 2022





I have skipped the annual "take a look back" post the last few years. For many of us it has been a long couple of years, and this year hasn't really been any different. I feel differently about the end of this year though, like I'm moving forward a little, so I'm going to enjoy the little things that happened this year.




 The Medallion Series from Patterns By Jen got it's forth addition with The Border Quilt 4.



The Medallion Series is one of my favorites, there is something about adding border after border to grow a quilt.



Early in 2022 I rearranged my sewing studio. . . again. I still have a few things on that final to do list to do.



Turning Wheels was the other pattern I released this year. While I only completed two patterns I am looking forward to getting more out there in 2023.




Releasing patterns means I was also able to share a few ideas on pieced backings. I love to use all the fabric, and pieced backings are a great way to do that.






The biggest thing that happened this year is that my husband and I became empty nesters. I decided last minute to make a quilt to send with our youngest for their dorm bed. Quilt Crush is a great pattern for a dorm quilt.




The last finish for 2022 is the 2022 Monthly Color Challenge Quilt. I love ending the year with a colorful quilt.



Make something Extraordinary!


Jen

New to Patterns By Jen?



Find paper and digital patterns, gifts and more in my Etsy shop.

Find fun PBJ merchandise at Teespring

Join the Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen Facebook page.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, a busy year and colourful with all those quilt. Enjoy a rest and looking forward to seeing your creativity in 2023

    ReplyDelete
  2. These couple of years have been hard. Love seeing all your fabulous finishes. You had a great year with lots of promsiing things coming up for 2023.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.